Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theater, cinema and others...

Go down

Theater, cinema and others... Empty Theater, cinema and others...

Post  Sarah Straub Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:24 pm

I wasn't quite sure whether or not to open up a new topic about theater, since it often seems to me that young people are not interested in it at all. However, a lot of students go to the cinema rather frequently and many of them are not as enthousiastic about theater as they are about the newest movie (that's actually why I included cinema in this topic too ;-) ). As a matter of fact, I must admit that I watch movies more often than a play too, but recently I could enthuse two of my friends to join me and watch Danton's death, written by George Büchner, in the "Noord Nederlands Toneel". Despite the fact that we expected a more ordinary version of the play (the actors combined the historical background of Danton's death with many (!) modern features), it was a lot of fun! Afterwards, we went to the 'Bar Peppers' next to the Academy gebouw and rounded this nice evening off with a few drinks.

Anyway, here are some links to the most well-known theaters in Groningen. If you feel like seeing a play, just take a look at these homepages:

www.grand-theatre.nl
www.martiniplaza.nl
www.de-oosterpoort.nl
www.nnt.nl

I'm curious about your experiences!

Sarah Straub
Student Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum