Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amsterdam to Groningen

3 posters

Go down

Amsterdam to Groningen Empty Amsterdam to Groningen

Post  Becky2008 Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:45 pm

Hullo, I need some help with travelling from Amsterdam to Groningen. Rolling Eyes According to the international students site, I am supposed to take a train to groningen, I do not know however, the sation platform or train number though I know the time and also where to buy a ticket and will it be in Dutch because I do not understand it yet!

Thanks Laughing

Becky2008

Back to top Go down

Amsterdam to Groningen Empty Re: Amsterdam to Groningen

Post  diana_tircomnicu Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:05 am

do not worry about the language everybody knows english in holland Smile you just have to check up the trains at the office and they will tell you all u need to know. basically it will be really easy to get around in the train station everything is written down on signs and you will find helpfull people that can give u any ndicatios u need. make sure u check if you have to change the train in another city to get to groningen. the issues is, for beginners, you should take a direct train to groningen so make sure you specify that to the person at the ticket office. theer is also a possibility to buy your ticket at the automatic ticket machines by using a credit/debit card (if compatible), but i suggest you buy it from the office since you will get more info there. hope it helps, if anything unclear write back and we can give you further info.
diana_tircomnicu
diana_tircomnicu
Student Ambassador

http://povestideadormitcopiii.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Amsterdam to Groningen Empty thanx

Post  Becky2008 Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:45 pm

thanks Diana, I will do that, I cant use the machines because I do not know how but you have been helpful.
thanks

Becky2008

Back to top Go down

Post  randy Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:58 am

I will make two assumptions.

first assumption is that you are departing from Amsterdam Schiphol airport. There are two trains from Schiphol every hour. One is leaving every minute 21 (for example 08.21, 09.21, 10.21, and so on) and one is leaving every minute 51 (08.51, 09.51 and so on). THe one that you have to take for your own convinient is the minute 21 because it is a direct train to Groningen. If you take this minute 21 train, you do not have to get off and change train. However, if you take minute 51, you will have to switch train in a city called Amersfoort and to do so you only have three minutes. I don't think you want to run and drag your suitcase in such little time. More importantly, if you take train minute 51, you will have to sit on the front wagons because the train will be split in a city called Utrecht. So if you sit on the rear wagon, make sure you move to the front wagon at Utrecht, otherwise the train will take you to Leeuwarden, a neighbouring city of Groningen.

second assumption is you are departing from Amsterdam Centraal Station. Like the train leaving from the airport, the train leaving amsterdam centraal are always 30 minutes apart. one is leaving every minute 27 and one is leaving every minute 57. Both train are stopping at Amersfoort so you will have to change train there.

It's not as hard as you think it would be. Just be couragious and ask people when you are not sure where you're going. It's better to ask than to be lost.

I hope my advice helps!

randy
Student Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down