Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accommodation questions

4 posters

Go down

Accommodation questions Empty Accommodation questions

Post  sfgyrus Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:29 pm

Hi! I have some questions about accommodation.

A) Could someone who values privacy and quietness and is generally of an introverted disposition "survive" in a student house? Ok I know this is a very subjective question but I would like to see some opinions based on your experiences because I am wondering whether I can adapt in this enviroment. Also what are the most calm student houses? (I am interested in an undergraduate program)

B) What is the price range for a studio(private market) at Groningen? Is finding accommodation on the private market difficult?

Thanks in advance for any answers. Smile

sfgyrus

Back to top Go down

Accommodation questions Empty Re: Accommodation questions

Post  sisi88magic Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:01 pm

Dear prospective student,

You can find information about accommodation on our home page www.febsa.nl - in the menu in the left just go to Basics and there you see an article wtitten by a student ambassador.

If it is still not clear to you what options for accommodation you have please write in the forum again.

Kind regards,

Stanislava Very Happy
sisi88magic
sisi88magic
Student Ambassador

Location : Bulgarian currently living inGroningen, The Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Post  Clemens Rath Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:24 pm

hi,

i have never lived in a student house because i also wanted to have a more silent environment Smile (just because i was already used to live on my own)

from my experiences of visiting fellow students in student houses it is quiet difficult to have a calm and silent environment in a student house, but not impossible. it really depends on luck and the people you have on your floor!

i do live in a studio and i really enjoy it. on our website there are several real estate agends mentioned, as sisi already wrote. it is possible to find studios by them. but for your own 20m² you have to count at least 400,-€ - 650,-€ in... you can really get a nice room in the lower price segment, as i do as well. but less is slightly impossible. it would also be necessary to be here to visit the appartments, afaik.

but nevertheless, a student house also have a lot of possibilities of getting to know interesting people etc. and it is easier to get a room there then getting a privately rented appartement.

feel free to ask more questions! :-)
Clemens Rath
Clemens Rath
Student Ambassador

http://www.serioware.de

Back to top Go down

Post  Joerg Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:21 pm

I think that there are some studenthouses which have the image to be a bit quiter. Last year, some friends of mine lived in the Albertine Agnesplein and I think that it was rather silent there. At the moment I'm very often in the Moesstraat and it's a nice and silent studenthouse as well.
But of course things change very fast in student houses. After all it totally depends on the people living there (and normally they change every half-a-year). In general, I think that a bit more exraverted people might have a better time in student houses though.

Joerg
Student Ambassador

http://ganbarou.de

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down