Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

housing office

3 posters

Go down

housing office Empty housing office

Post  nikos Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:37 pm

hi,

My name is Nikos and im from Greece. I am very happy because i have the opportunity to live and study in Holland. I would be even happier if i could find a place to live. I try to solve this problem through housing office but im very confused. I like a lot the Martinihouse but i think that is far away from the center of the town and the Zernike Complex. i also like the Bisschop Nierman Centrum (Plutolaan) but there are not enough good photos at the housing office site in order to have a good view. If someone has visited these buildings i would be happy to hear of his view. The fact is that im wiliing to spend 300 - 400 euros for housing so i would like to know if there are alternative choices.

Thanks a lot

nikos

Back to top Go down

housing office Empty Re: housing office

Post  Gregor Schneider Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:55 pm

Hi Nikos,

concerning the studenthouses I would suggest you to opt for a place with not to many people and a nice common room. Hence it is much easier to socialize, make new friends and have a lot of fun besides your studies. Martinihouse is a bit far away, but in general there are very nice people and you will know each other. Plutolaan is near Zernike, but it doesn't have a nice big common room. My favourite is still Blekerslaan, I lived there two years ago, and it was a great experience, sometimes to much. An other one is Winschoterdiep, quite big and fun, but they have a floor for PhD and Masterstudents, if you want to have more calm.

CU, Gregor

Gregor Schneider
Student Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post  incheto_zh Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:22 am

Hello Nikos,

I also think like Gregor that if you choose a smaller student house you will have the opportunity to get closer with all students in the house. Last year I also lived in a small student house- Albertine Agnesplein, with 50 students and I can say that it was really nice to be there and meet all these people. In bigger houses like Winschoterdiep for example there are really a lot a lot of people, and may be for one year you will not be even able to meet all of them, but in the same time in the bigger student houses there are bigger parties with more people. But if you choose to live in a smaller student houses you can always join your friends in the bigger student houses parties Smile Plutolaan is really big, but as Gregor said- there are no common places there and I don`t like that. It depends on what you are looking for. But in any case- decide whether you want to live in a smaller of bigger student house, check the distances (but have in mind that most probably you will use a bike) and decide- for sure in any student houses you will find many and new friends! Good luck with your choice!

Greetingz,
Ina
incheto_zh
incheto_zh
Student Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down